Director, Genitourinary Cancers (US)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in providing medicines to treat and prevent diseases around the world. Our vision is to make a difference in the lives of people globally through our innovative medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care and animal health products. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for tomorrow.
We are currently recruiting for a Director, Marketing – Genitourinary Cancers (US) for a breakthrough new immuno-oncology product, KEYTRUDA. The product is currently launched and approved for use in the treatment of numerous cancers but an active program is in place to expand into other cancers. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Executive Director, US Marketing.
This position will require outstanding leadership, problem solving, people management, collaboration and strong marketing and product management experience. This experienced marketer’s role will be to drive business for our current indications in metastatic urothelial carcinoma but also to initiate all US planning work for the launch of additional indications in other bladder and renal cancer. The candidate will do this in coordination with the global marketing team, and in collaboration with the US tumor leads for other launched indications.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving business results for currently approved indications in mUC in 1L Cis-ineligible and 2L
- Preparing for the US market introduction of KEYTRUDA in future GU indications in bladder, renal and prostate cancer.
- US Medical Education Strategy & Tactical Execution for current and future GU indications
- US Medical and HEOR Publication Planning for for current and future GU indications
- Lead development of launch plans and tactical execution for new GU indications with key internal stakeholders
- Provide input in development of US Label and label negotiations in preparation for FDA submission/approval
- Assessment of field sales promotion needs for future GU indications to inform sales force size, structure, and customer reach and frequency goals
- Organized customer engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Effective cross-functional leadership with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and operating income
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners and global counterparts
- Successfully navigate the internal and external enviornments and deliver value to our customers
- Provide US commercial input into clinical development program for future GU indications
- Responsible for maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and uptake for current and future GU indications
- Work with Finance and business planning to manage brand forecast for current and future GU indications and demand planning for these tumor types
- Lead and develop a team of 3 direct reports
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years Pharmaceutical business experience
- Minimum of 4 years brand marketing experience
- Minimum 2 years of Oncology marketing experience
- Minimum 2 years of prior people management
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Marketplace Assessment, Development of Disease State and Product
- Strategy, Product Positioning, and Brand Marketing
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to work within complex organizations and markets and lead sub-teams in support of key marketing strategy areas
Requires approximately 15-20% travel, including some weekends
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sales and Global Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience in the US market
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck