2018 GWES Technology and Innovation Co-op
Merck is aglobal health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescriptionmedicines, and vaccines, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind ofhealthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future forall of us.
Our abilityto excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity andteamwork of people like you. To thisend, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement andteamwork. As part of our global team, youwill have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagueswhile developing and expanding your career.
The FacilitiesDigital Transformation Co-Op position will enable you to:
- Gain exposure to innovative digitaltechnologies that will transform our facility services
- Increase awareness of methods and tools to supporttransformational change
- Manage online communities and/or SharePointbased tools, using social networking to enhance a working community
- Advance an understanding of group dynamicswithin working communities
- Develop project and portfolio managementcompetencies
- Foster collaboration and innovation
- Strengthen communication and interpersonalskills
- Help build the community of practicesupporting our digital transformation – including the knowledge base, bestpractices, lessons learned, tools and methods and learning events
- Assist in the planning and facilitation ofcommunity learning events and activities
- Ensure the community of practice content ismaintained as interesting, fresh, relevant, up-to-date and easily accessible
- Help assess the health of the community andevaluate its contributions to members and the organization
- Help support the coordination and facilitationof community events (e.g. awards ceremonies, workshops, data gathering andpreparation)
Work assignment willbe project related, with a deliverable in mind.
Housing and relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.Qualifications
Preferred Experience:Management of aCommunity of Practice using Microsoft SharePointYour role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: OE/Six Sigma
Other Locations: Kenilworth, NJ, US
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck