Automation Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems
Reporting to the Sr. Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems, the Automation Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems will serve a key role supporting the delivery and administration of the Site Process Control System and other shop floor control platforms. The individual will assist in configuration/customization of the system, maintaining necessary procedures, and provide system training to users. Activities will also include cross training of other digital manufacturing systems. This position will start in Cambridge, MA and transition to Norwood, MA.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Install, configure and maintain Process Control Systems and the interfaces between the PCS and other Digital Manufacturing Systems.
- Supports the continual improvement of PCS and other shop floor control platforms
- Participate in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support
- Configure/customize PCS and other shop floor control platforms to support change requests
- Conduct user-training sessions for staff members
- Assist in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A Bachelor degree in science, technology or another relevant academic discipline.
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience implementing and maintaining cGMP Manufacturing Automation Systems.
- A working understanding of cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices.
- An understanding of computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of systems such as Allen Bradley PLC platforms, DeltaV, SCADA systems, PI Historian, iFix, Industrial Ethernet networks is preferred.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan and tuition reimbursement program
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.