Sr. Scientist, Bioanalytics/Biomarkers, Rare Diseases
Reporting to the Senior Director for Rare Diseases, the Senior Scientist will drive and oversee the development and optimization of bioanalytic and biomarker assays to support the advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline in the Rare Diseases therapeutic area. The successful candidate is expected to work collaboratively with Research and Early Development cross-functional teams, and will be responsible for the development of assays to measure mRNA, protein, biomarkers and anti-drug antibodies (ADAs) to support nonclinical studies. Applicants should be outstanding team members, have excellent communication skills, and have extensive experience in vendor management. The candidate will need to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Lead the development and optimization of bioanalytic and biomarker assays and testing samples for Discovery projects within Rare Diseases therapeutic area. Specifically, drive the development/optimization of appropriate assays to assess PK, PD and ADAs in several nonclinical models with different matrixes (plasma, serum, tissue, etc). Serve as bioanalytic and biomarker resource or guide to Discovery teams.
- Deliver high-quality bioanalytic and biomarker results, interpretation and reports to Discovery and Development project teams.
- Effectively manage internal and external work, including management of staff at CROs to meet sample testing timelines and quality expectations
- Assist in efforts to develop GLP validated bioanalytic and biomarker assays
- Ensure compliance of bioanalytic and biomarker assays with regulatory standards as appropriate
- Develop and manage relationships with project teams and key stakeholders. Effectively communicate progress periodically to project teams
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A Ph.D. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or related area with 4+ years of relevant experience, or a BS/MS with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Solid background training in assay development, particularly expertise with immunoassay development and corresponding technologies including ELISA with colorimetric, fluorescent, and chemiluminescence endpoints
- Experience in a regulatory environment (GLP) is required
- Experience managing external work at CROs is required
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, highly organized, excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path and bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will be collaborative with multi-functional teams and relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.