(Contract) Sr. Research Associate/Scientist, Rare Diseases
We seek a talented, experienced and motivated Research Associate to assist in developing the preclinical data package to support advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline. The successful candidate is an accomplished hands-on cellular and molecular technologist who will make significant contributions to the execution of in vitro and ex vivo studies in the area of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. If you have scientific rigor, and ability to effectively interact with different teams (Cell Bio, Microscopy, Pathology, etc), this is an exciting opportunity to join and learn from a strong and competitive scientific team with the mission to advance a new class of therapeutics for highly unmet medical needs.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Develop all necessary in vitro/ex vivo assays to measure RNA levels, expressed protein levels and functionality of new therapeutics mRNAs
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, adapt new protocols into practice with little assistance, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Deliver rigorous results in aggressive timelines
- Analyze and present data to investigators
- Closely collaborate with other members within the research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- MS with 4+ year of experience or PhD with 2+ year of experience, preferably in industry setting
- Hand-on experience with in vitro and ex vivo assays used in cardiovascular and metabolic disease research.
- Hand-on experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Knowledge/understanding of pathways ad MOAs involved in metabolic disease initiation and progression.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
- Preferred: Familiarity with histology protocols
- Preferred: Familiarity with in vivo techniques
- Preferred: Author in peer-reviewed publications
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.