Sr. Professional Services Veterinarian - Companion Animal (KY, VA, WV)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The field technical services manager position is designed to support the technical needs of the sales regions and shelter group. In doing so, this individual will interact with our customer base on a technical level, giving presentations at various venues local and national, and train sales representatives on the use of technical data during sales calls. The technical services manager will also coach sales reps on technical selling. The technical services manager will also assist in the preparation of presentations, and serve in a technical capacity on marketing brand teams.
- Participate in technical "ride-withs" and “in-services” with the sales force. 50%
- Serve as the region’s technical expert, evaluating regional and individual technical training needs of the representatives and coaching sales reps in technical selling skills15%
- Prepare and deliver technical lectures on our product line to VMA’s and professional veterinary organizations. 10%
- Teach sales training classes to our sales representatives and distributor sales representatives. 5%
- Report back to headquarters on new trends in veterinary medicine. 5%
- Meet with key opinion leaders and veterinary school faculty to discuss potential new business opportunities 5%
- Represent Merck AH at Veterinary Schools, Professional Veterinary Associations and Conferences 5%
- Monitor Phase IV market support trials. 5%
- Execute responsibilities with a high degree of independence.
- Assist Marketing Liaisons as needed with preparation of presentations and marketing communications – Occasional.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5 years relevant work experience with minimum of 2 years of technical service experience. Relevant experience inlcudes any of the following:
- Private practice; companion animal
- Technical Services
- Specialty practice
- Other industry/Research
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Competency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to work effectively with our customers and our sales force
- Practical and industrial experience
- Demonstrated self-motivation
- Ability to work independently
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with companion animal vaccines and parasiticides, and other advanced degrees.
- Board Certification in a relevant veterinary specialty
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Scientific Sales Affairs
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck