Associate Director, Oncology Customer Engagement
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Our customers face unprecedented times in Oncology with rapid innovations in treatment options and they operate in an environment where they are interacting with multiple channels to access drug, medical and practice management information as needed, real-time.
In this role, Customer Engagement Associate Director will help define the recommended customer engagement strategies for Merck Oncology
- Define business requirements for Oncology for relevant capabilities that improve our ability to Go-To-Market and engage customers in a timelier and relevant way.
- This role will be responsible for working with brand teams, leveraging new and existing capabilities to bring to light customer insights, recommend engagement strategies and help the team execute on the engagement strategies based on those insights.
- The role will collaborate with Brand Marketing, Promotions, Analytics, various agencies/consultants and the broader U.S. enterprise for shared resources
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer-level engagement data (personal and non-personal) from a variety of sources to inform the brand team of opportunities and choices.
- Based on customer insights, define customer engagement strategies, define engagement segments and design customer engagement journeys across multiple indications for Oncology.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and agencies (media, etc.) to recommend channel and vendor mix investments.
- Monitor performance vs. objectives as it relates to the execution of our engagement strategies
- Partner with Investment Analytics and other partners to uncover data-driven insights via advanced analytics.
- Identify optimization opportunities while programs are underway Help define new Go-To-Market capabilities that further enhance our ability to make faster decisions and execute on them
- Provide strategic expertise to core Merck Oncology non-personal assets such as KEYTRUDA.com
- Support installing engagement best practices across our personal and non-personal channels (digital, call-center, field sales etc.) to improve the customer experience in these engagements
- Share and leverage globally best practices, utilization of capabilities, where applicable with the broader Merck Oncology community
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
- Desired: MBA / MS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (4) years of Multi-Channel Marketing experience, including Digital (-e.g., email, web, mobile, video, etc.) and Call Center capabilities, Campaign Management and privacy/consent considerations
- Minimum of (2) years experience in looking for trends in data, segmentation analysis, monitoring campaign progress and identifying intervention points - to drive business results.
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to identify business solutions and actionable recommendations
- Ability to lead, advocate, and collaborate across various functions - at all levels
- Strong change management skills (building interest, advocacy and alignment) including Process Change Management
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (5) years of Pharmaceutical Marketing, Sales,Operational / Promotion Experience
- Minimum of (5) years of Multi-Channel Marketing experience, including advance digital capabilities expertise (email, web, mobile, video, etc.), campaign management and privacy / consent considerations, marketing automation, sales force tools call center capabilities.
- Six Sigma certification
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck