Senior Specialist, SAP Master Data Information Steward
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The SAP Master Data Information Steward works under direction of the Business Processes and Systems organization and is responsible for managming material master data entry processes and procedures across multiple business units. The SAP Material Master Data Information Steward is responsible for enforcing data governance and establishing and improving the materials creation and change process. This individual establishes plans and objectives for maintaining Material Master Data integrity and is the gatekeeper for Data Governance best practices. This role is actively engaged in materials-related projects and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the team operates at a level of optimal efficiency. This role promotes Data Governance and helps build a collective, shared vision for focused, consistent, and ongoing data quality initiatives.
- Develop and implement Data Governance metrics/KPIs that monitor and measure the effectiveness of Master Data Governance
- Manage team of master data stewards
- Define, implement and monitor data governance standards, policies, and processes for Material Master in relation to Data Governance
- Manage efforts to identify, prioritize & approve data and/or process enhancements in conjunction with the business data owner
- Manage the communication and decision-making between Master Data and the business for Material-related data initiatives
- Partner with project teams to integrate governance practices as part of a new project lifecycle
- Lead master data governance integration initiatives
- Lead all aspects of change management and training related to the rollout and ongoing activities of the Data Governance program
- Periodically review the data process for setting up and/or modifying materials in SAP MDG and other enterprise resource planning systems
- Effectively identify and communicate critical issues to the Business Processes and Systems manager
- Identify ongoing data issues for potential solution integration
- Adapt quickly to software upgrades and/or system implementations
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Enginering, Business, Information Systems or related field(s)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in data analysis, data quality management or process improvement
- Previous experience managing others
- Strong familiarity with material process and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience communicating with all staff levels up to and including executive levels of management
- Cross-functional team leadership experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- A positive, engaging disposition with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Familiarity of SAP, including managing master data domains
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in data analysis, data quality management or process improvement
- Strong analytical skills researching issues and analyzing data anomalies for root cause
- Strong lean / continuous improvement experience
- Experience working on or with a data governance or data quality programs
- Six Sigma certification
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with advanced MS Excel and/or Access skills
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck