Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck is currently seeking exceptional chemists for positions within the Discovery Chemistry Department located at our Boston, MA site. The successful candidate will join multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery teams to invent novel medicines through a combination of innovative synthetic chemistry and analysis of diverse data sets to build structure-activity relationships. Additionally, the successful candidate will generate novel, testable hypotheses and apply the best chemistry and techniques to enable clear decision-making. To accomplish the above, the successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills in a team environment.Qualifications
• B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field. Anticipated attainment of M.S. in 2018 matching noted criteria is also acceptable.
• Experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization including HPLC, MS, and NMR
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Ability to mine scientific literature and databases
• Effective communication and collaboration skills in a team environment
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related field. Anticipated attainment of M.S. in 2018 matching noted criteria is also acceptable.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization. Experience in methodology/catalysis, total synthesis, chemical biology, or physical organic chemistry. Experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization including HPLC, MS, NMR, and biophysical methods.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 3
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Yes - Laboratory chemicals necessary for drug development
Company Trade Name: Merck