The Genetics Manager has an essential role in maintaining the genetic quality of our animals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review, draft and approve mating schemes for different mouse mutant strains.
- Review, assess and modify if necessary breeding tasks in Oracle used for mouse production of projects
- Execute and enhance genetic training of personnel as directed by supervisor.
- Review and verify that nomenclature follows international accepted standards for new lines.
- Review and verify that genotyping codes are compliant with approved genotyping codes
- Review, assess and help troubleshoot deviation on genotype distributions.
- Review, assess and recommend train of action if necessary for Genotyping Result Inquiry
- Initiate Genotype Results Inquiry in Oracle quality Management (OQM)
- Responsible for troubleshooting and coordinating the resolution of GRIs, including all testing laboratories (internal and external).
- Provide guidance to Animal Care technicians with mating schemes and interpretation of genotyping results.
- Prepare Genetic reports for customers
- Genetics Subject matter expert to Project and Program Managers, Operations, Customer service, Sales, etc.