Scientist, Bio & Vaccine Formulation Sciences
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Biologics and Vaccine Analytical, part of Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD), is responsible for the commercialization of vaccines and biologics from Phase III through launch and transfer to supply with an emphasis on analytics. The team is involved in analytical support of vaccines' and biologics’ process development, optimization, late-stage and life-cycle management. Departmental activities include interfacing with a network of facilities for product manufacturing and testing, analytical optimization, assay validation, analytical technical transfer, BLA filing documentation, and transfer to supply network for new products and support of inline products.
Responsibilities of the Scientist will include and are not limited to the following:
- Will coordinate with cross functional teams to support and oversee analytical work in support of process development efforts, and will contribute to data interpretation as required.
- Will interface with internal and external partners, international governments and/or contract manufacturing and testing organizations in the area of vaccine analytics
- At any given time, could be responsible for contributing to and coordinating analytical activities across multiple projects.
- Will develop and optimize analytical methods including but not limited to cell-based, microbiological, PCR based, and immunochemistry-based.
- Will prepare and execute analytical method transfers and assay method validations - write and coordinate review of protocols and reports.
- Will assist in the development and execution of critical reagent qualification protocols and stability studies as needed.
- Potential routine testing in support of process development
- BS with 2 year laboratory experience in a Pharm/Biotech company
- MS with 1 year laboratory experience in a Pharm/Biotech company
- Team oriented
- Cell based assays
- Analytical tech transfer
- GMP experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Biologics, Vaccines, Analytical Formulat
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck