Associate Director, Omni-Channel Strategy - Antibiotics Franchise
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
In the evolving digital world, leaders must take a proactive approach to transformation in order to capitalize on change including using personal promotion, digital and social techniques to optimize customer engagement and enhance their experience. Giving evolving customer preferences, we must be agile and adaptable as we perform and transform our antibiotics franchise omni-channel strategy while bolstering analytics to enhance our decision making and optimize resource investment.
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer with expertise in digital content strategy development. This person will proactively plan and lead omni-channel initiatives to optimize the way the antibiotics franchise (ZERBAXA & MK-7655A) engages with all customer segments through powerful digital content to drive awareness, adoption, and advocacy.Key responsibilities of the Omni-Channel Strategist include:
- Understand customer journey and channel insights by segment
- Incorporates customer experience into omni-channel content strategy
- Serves as a subject matter expert for omni-channel content strategy development, planning, and execution
- Supports the development, sourcing, and management of digital content
- Collaborates with other teams across the enterprise to understand and / or establish best practices
- Advances digital content marketing capabilities by identifying new opportunities, seeking necessary input from key stakeholders, operationalizing the innovative ideas and optimizing channel measurement
- Bachelor Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of digital content marketing experience including strategy development.
- Experience working with various digital media channels.
- Experience using analytics to measure and improve digital initiatives
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of user experience design
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Bias towards speed and agility
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck