Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, CMC
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Reporting to the Director, the Associate Director is responsible for developing and implementing CMC regulatory strategies for assigned pharmaceutical products in accordance with global regulations and guidances, and Merck procedures. The Associate Director will lead the preparation and submission of CMC dossiers for life-cycle changes to commercial products. The Associate Director may manage a team of 2 to 4 individual contributors in support of project execution. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the CMC Product Lead for assigned products and be accountable for the delivery of all regulatory milestones for assigned products through the product lifecycle.
- Lead development and execution of global product and project regulatory strategy(ies) by ensuring robust assessment of CMC changes, identification of global regulatory requirements and critical evaluation of supporting documentation to confirm acceptability and identification of potential risks.
- Execute regulatory strategies by leading the development, authoring and review of CMC submission components and documentation to support post-approval supplements, annual reports, registration renewals and responses to health authority questions per established business processes and systems.
- Provide regulatory leadership as needed to product in-license/due diligence review, product divestment and product withdrawal.
- Collaborate with MMD and external partners to support compliant execution of change management and conduct all activities with an unwavering focus on regulatory conformance.
- Manage execution of CMC documentation including post-approval supplements, annual reports, registration renewals and responses to health authority questions per established business processes and systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory affairs and apply this understanding to the benefit of the company to ensure approval and Product supply continuity.
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Deliver all regulatory milestones for assigned products across the product lifecycle
- Identify, communicate and escalate potential regulatory issues to GRACS CMC management, as needed
- B.S. in a science, engineering, or a related field (advanced degree preferred). Fields of study include Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience, including biological/pharmaceutical research; manufacturing, analytical testing; or related fields.
- Ability to lead a team of direct or matrixed colleagues to deliver on business commitments and project timelines
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regulatory Affairs - CMC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck