Spclst, Marketing Comms/Channels
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Content and Community Manager for the Enterprise Social Media Group (ESMG) will lead and manage content for the ESMG for social media educational and awareness purposes to global employees across platforms and projects such as blogging and posting as well as manage the team’s Social Media Network on the internal company site, Sync.
• Community Manager for On24 platform, a destination for awareness and educational content about social stratey and activities across the company
• Community Manager for Social Media Network
• Content creator for cross Social Media Command Center projects
• Content creator for social media awareness efforts such as short videos
• Blog writer for sharing and engaging global employees across internal communication platforms
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Creating content for social media
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Planning for and managing content for online publishing
• Experience engaging with multiple stakeholders
• Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
• Experience successfully working on multiple projects at one time
• Ability to thrive under tight timelines when needed
• Comfortable working in highly matrixed environment of multiple teams and agencies
• Proven communication and project planning skills
• Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry (optional)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck