Sr. Scientist II, Analytical Science
Preparative Chromatographer, Ingredients Analytical
The Ingredients Analytical division of The Coca Cola Company in Atlanta, GA is seeking an experienced preparative chromatographer for a Senior Scientist II level position.
Candidates (US citizen or permanent resident/green card) of interest should have a Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry.
Qualified candidates are expected to have knowledge and industry experiences (Ph.D. 10 plus years) in separation sciences.
Candidates with extensive hands-on experience using various modes of analytical and large-scale preparative chromatographic technologies (HPLC and others) for purification and isolation of main components and trace impurities (small molecules) in novel ingredients, synthetic intermediates and final compounds and natural products are preferred.
Abilities in using LC/MS and other HPLC detectors for characterizations of unknowns and problem solving/diagnostic, as well as skills in MS-directed isolation and purification small molecules of complex natural and synthetic mixtures are strongly preferred.
Experiences in methods development, validation, and applications; skills in sample preparations, separation, characterizations, and quantitation of small molecules in various levels and matrices; and experiences in qualitative and quantitative analyses of natural and artificial sweeteners, vitamins, nutrients, natural products, and trace components are strongly desirable. Knowledge in advanced organic chemistry and synthesis is a plus. Ability in acquiring new knowledge and skills and building capabilities in other areas of analytical chemistry are also a plus.
Desire and abilities to collaborate, lead, and communicate with analytical team members and project leaders across functions are essential to this position.
Responsibilities of this position also include driving cross function collaborations; leading projects; communicating technical findings to stakeholders; developing methods, capabilities and strategies; and providing expertise consultation.
Function Specific Activities:
Design experiments and perform testing
Process and interpret data
Ensure timely and accurate support
Build internal and external capability
Give direction to and supervise others
Organize workflow and task schedules
Develop, validate, and apply methods
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.