Scientist in Drug Product Innovation, Drug Delivery (temporary for 3 years, 80%)
Located in Basel, Pharmaceutical Development is responsible for Early and Late Stage Pharmaceutical Development of parenteral dosage forms for biologics and small molecules. This mainly includes Formulation Development, Drug Product Process Development, Process Characterization/Process Validation (PC/PV), Transfer to Commercial Production or CMOs, Commercial Production Support, Primary Packaging Development, Drug and Combination Product Manufacturing for GLP TOX (non-GMP facilities) and Clinical studies (GMP facility), Technology Development and Evaluation including Drug Delivery.
Within the department, Drug Delivery is primarily responsible for the evaluation and development of advanced formulations and innovative drug products, for biologics and small molecules (sterile), in defined key strategic areas e.g. long-acting delivery, localized or targeted delivery, high dose formulations etc.
The position comprises predominantly the following tasks:
- Lead the early evaluation of drug delivery technologies, in partnership or internally, focusing on prototyping formulations integrating advanced formulation features, enabling CMC or animal proof of concept
- Manage the technical development of portfolio projects innovative products (i.e. drug delivery-based), for pre-clinical and clinical phases
- Contribute to maintain excellent partnership with a wide range of stakeholders within the company and externally
- Interact and convey complex information, advise on product and development strategies with implementation of drug delivery approaches
- Authoring and / or supervising publications or patents, and giving presentations, lectures at conferences and / or initiation of new research activities
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
For this position you bring the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, polymers / materials, chemistry, food chemistry, life sciences or related fields
- Professional (industry) experience (3+ years) in development of advanced formulation and drug delivery-based product / process as parenteral / sterile products (biologics, peptides, other new chemical entities)
- Passion for drug product innovation and new formulation technologies (e.g. 3D printing)
- Initiative taking, courageously and creatively. Open to new ideas and to challenge conventional paradigms
- Excellent team and communication skills as well as excellent IT knowledge (e.g. data Analysis / visualization, predictive sciences). In addition, English is required
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.