Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition Advisor for Merck Research Laboratories (Boston/Cambridge, MA)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck’s pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor will develop and foster strong relationships with line clients and HR colleagues to ensure understanding of organizational need and develop strategies to effectively source talent internally and externally where growth and/or vacancies occur. Primary alignment will be divisional and functional with secondary emphasis on supporting initiatives on a "plug and play" basis as capacity permits and business need requires. The Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor will be responsible for the development and delivery of creative, efficient, and effective sourcing and recruitment campaigns in response to clients' needs. This position will manage various recruiting and selection cycles including building our employment brand in our communities, sourcing, screening, and managing hiring manager expectations while delivering a high level of candidate care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for end to end recruiting in the respective business area / geography for business niche positions
- Partner and consult with the business to understand business needs and develop, gain commitment and implement a Talent Acquisition strategy
- Consult and influence selection decisions ensuring a diverse pipeline
- Partner with the TA COE leads to identify and deploy Employee Branding, Social Media and Diversity strategies, etc.
- Drive Diversity initiatives and networking events with Managers and RPO (where needed)
- Educate the business / Hiring managers on hiring progress and competitive landscape utilizing internal and external metrics and data
- Drive consistency in the hiring process and ensure a best in class hiring manager and candidate experience
- Ability to deliver on or exceed stated KPI’s
- Provides leadership and support of cross-functional and cross-divisional teams to implement an array of staffing initiatives, ensuring stakeholder participation, support and pull-through
- Coordinates, facilitates and/or participates in interview days and job fairs as needed
- Reduces cycle time while maintaining or improving quality of hire
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives and drives efficient process adherence.
- Reports on recruiting activities as required or requested by the client as well as responsible for educating business on OFCCP compliance and adhere to compliance metrics
- Ability to influence/coach hiring managers and leaders on recruiting process and talent decisions
Potential Locations: Boston, MA; Cambridge, MA
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 years of recruiting/staffing experience
- Must have R&D recruiting experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry or life sciences
- Experience with direct sourcing and qualification of candidates, including use of the Internet, conducting telephone and on-site interviews utilizing behavioral-based interviewing techniques
- External R&D labor market and best practice knowledge
- Experience recruiting in a fast paced - high volume environment
- Thorough knowledge of recruiting/staffing database systems (experience using Taleo preferred).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication as well as strong relationship building/maintenance, facilitation and influencing skills
- Minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical/biotech recruiting experience strongly preferred
- Project management expertise in a deadline driven environment
- Behavioral based interview certification
- Demonstrated success in use of social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to drive company branding as well as source and drive candidate pipelines
- Agency and/or Corporate recruitment experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Recruitment Generic
Other Locations: Cambridge, MA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck