Associate Director, Integrate Facilities & Capital Management
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Associate Director, Integrated Facilities and Capital Management, will be responsible for providing guidance, oversight, and management of the Integrated Facility Management (IFM) contracts and Capital Management for the Elkton, VA site. He/she will work with cross-functional teams to effectively and safely operate and maintain designated buildings, site infrastructure and systems to support various site functions at a competitive cost. This role will be a highly-collaborative role with customers in EH&S, Operations, Engineering,Procurement, Finance, and other global partner groups to drive compliance with the IFM contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The essential functions include and, are not limited to, the following:
- Provides direction and leadership for Site IFM initiative implementation and sustainability of processes
- Collaborate with external partners to deliver and support all mechanical and engineering needs of the facilities
- Ensure IFM Partner meets all contractual obligations including all service level agreements (SLA's) and key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Collaborate with IFM Partner to develop and ensure budget compliance for all IFM activities
- Prioritization of projects to align with high level site strategic plans
- Collaborate with customers in EH&S, Operations, Engineering,Procurement, Finance, and other global partner groups.
- Develop Internal best practices to benchmark externally to the standards for the industry.
- Leverages relationships with key clients/customers/organizational leadership to ensure support of business needs and accomplishments of key objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering, Maintenance or Facilities Management.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Engineering/Maintenance/Facilities work experience.
- Computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), and operation of other peripheral devices.
- Understanding of finance and cash flow with respect to corporate purchasing. SAP experience processing purchase orders, payment requests, vendor add forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP.
- Client relationship management/networking.
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments.
- Program management skills with an understanding of strategic vision and significant attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Ability to think both critically, as well as communicate effectively, with a global audience.
- Experience with financial and budget tasks.
- Technical problem-solving abilities.
- Must demonstrate excellent collaboration skills and enthusiasm for customer service.
- Business ownership and personal accountability.
- Build teamwork and partnerships.
- Experience with external partner management.
- Experience in dealing with agencies and management of professionals outside of Merck.
- Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt certification, or equal experience in application.
- Professional designations including Professional Engineering License, PMP, CMRP or Change Management preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in management of projects and facilities. Understanding of, and experience with, Merck Capital processes.
- Site Services experience in the areas of Plant Protection, Lawn Maintenance, Fire Protection, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, Emergency Response, Custodial support, Cafeteria services, Uniform services, Pest Control and the coordination of outside agencies that provide related services to the site.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Facilities Management Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck