IT Quality Laboratory Senior Analyst
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
As an IT Quality Laboratory Analyst at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking motivated talent interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to develop, deploy and support global, complex Lab systems for a large Pharma manufacturing company, including understanding the system architecture and interactions with other systems within the manufacturing environment.
- Review User Requirements to ensure they sufficiently document the need for the technical team to proceed with functional design/development. Review Functional requirements to ensure they meet the business’ intent.
- Write and review Technical documents for assigned programs/projects, including, but not limited to, design documents, User Acceptance Test executions, change controls, trace matrix, risk assessments and release notes.
- Support testing for assigned programs/projects by writing/reviewing test scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with the Technical Lead, Program Manager and Business to plan, estimate and deliver on work related to all development activities to ensure effective and efficient program execution, including change management estimates and prioritization.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality management
- Laboratory IT systems including LIMS, Chromatography Data Systems, Laboratory Execution Systems, Lab Data Archiving solutions
- Program & Project Management
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the design, configuration and implementation of solutions for Laboratory and/or Shopfloor Manufacturing.
- Laboratory process knowledge in the manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a business and a technical audience.
- The ability to work independently and effectively as a team across global hubs, and maintain a highly collaborative, transparent effort.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical aspects of small to medium sized IT projects.
- Understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) processes.
- Familiarity with advanced/emerging technology trends such as Cloud, Mobility and Data Science.
- Experience in a working in a large global matrix organization.
- Experience working with any Manufacturing Laboratory System. For instance: Chromatography Data Systems (i.e., Empower), Scientific Data Management (i.e. Nugenesis) and/or Laboratory Information Management (i.e., LIMS).
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Austin IT Hub
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck