Customer Representative – Primary Care, Chronic Care (Mid Atlantic)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide. The Customer Representative is a key member of the Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working with the Customer Team to understand and identify Health Care Provider (HCP) customer needs relating to helping improve patient health outcomes, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensure that Merck is viewed as demonstrating value.
The Customer Representative – SPARE role will initially be responsible for providing interim coverage for leaves of absence and other business needs through the region. The role requires frequent travel as assignments may occur anywhere within the region. Once a permanent vacancy comes open in the region, the incumbent will be placed into a regular Customer Representative role and will be required to relocate, if necessary, to a reasonable commuting distance of the new territory.
The Customer Representative – SPARE will initially report directly into the Director of Commercial Operations (DCO) for the region who will be responsible for management and assessment of the employee’s performance. Once placed into the regular Customer Representative role, the incumbent will report to the Customer Team Leader (CTL) for that territory.
The primary activities include:
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with assigned customers and prospective customers in the assigned geography
- Engaging in balanced product sales presentations with Health Care Providers to align customer needs and Merck product attributes in accordance with product labeling.
- Provides Merck management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards objectives
- Keeping apprised of professional and technical knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific and product information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of Merck promotional materials
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers (e.g. call planning/routing to optimize customer awareness of Merck product offerings) Specifically:
- Within select customer accounts, act as primary point of contact for the customer, meet with key customers/personnel to maintain understanding of their current practice structure, business model, and key influencers (Managed Care Organization, employers, state and local regulations) / network structure, and their patients’ needs. Identifies business opportunities and makes information available to relevant stakeholders to support those identified patient and business needs.
- For select customer accounts, coordinate with Merck customer team (Account Executives, Integrated Delivery System team, Solutions support teams, etc.) to outline customer strategy for interactions/relationships, to maintain focus on Managed Care pull-through, to identify and select programs/services/solutions available in the library of Merck "resources" to address identified customer needs relating to helping improve patient health outcomes and to deliver relevant offerings that address those needs.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organized
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to policies is critical
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Direct Sales Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck