Oncology Group Leader
Sanofi is a global health care leader that is transforming the oncology research and development paradigm. Our goal is to create a dynamic and exciting environment that is dedicated to cutting-edge science and delivering novel life-saving therapies to cancer patients.Our ability to execute on this vision depends on the knowledge, dedication, and innovation of employees throughout the organization. As a part of our team, you will have an opportunity to work with talented and passionate colleagues in Sanofi Oncology Research which is a global organization located in two sites: Cambridge, Massachusetts and Vitry-sur-Seine, France. We are seeking a dynamic Sr. Scientist to lead a group of ~5 Labheads and ~10 technicians and execution for Oncology projects in Research.
The position is based in Vitry, France and will directly report to Head of Oncology Research Therapeutic Area.
- Lead and manage a research team (5 Labheads) to discover and develop new therapeutic for cancer dependency
- Leading role in defining and implementing approaches to identify novel targets
- Foster a collaborative, inclusive and productive research environment.
- Collaborate with a broad spectrum of scientists, clinicians, bioinformaticians and technology experts.
- Work in and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Where appropriate, you will be encouraged to publish your scientific work
- Identify and establish high-value research collaborations
- Manage key oncology alliances
- Review of external opportunities and active role in due diligences.
- Support, mentor, and develop scientists.
- Ph.D. in cancer dependency, cancer resistance or related discipline, 2-3 years of postdoctoral training with a working knowledge of cancer biology
- At least 5 to 8 years experience as a manager of managers, the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and lead others
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Solid track record of independent research accomplishments in cancer dependency, cell signaling and oncogenic drivers, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Good experience in cell biology, molecular biology and translation from in-vitro, in vivo models to patient
- Experience in target identification and validation and expertise in related technologies such as RNA interference, gene editing/CRISPR,…
- At least 5 years hands-on Oncology drug discovery research in industry and expertise in small molecule preclinical drug development
In order to apply please use this link: