Global Talent Acquisition Operational Excellence Lead
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck’s pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
The Operational Excellence Lead is responsible for driving end-to-end operational excellence across our Global Talent Acquisition Function. This position will deliver improvements across operations including but not limited to process, technology, innovation, cost per hire, candidate and hiring manager experience. The Operational Excellence lead will work collaboratively with the GTA CoE to drive sustainable improvements and provide input to HCM process design. The lead will also work closely with the External Workforce / Contingent talent stakeholders in HR and Procurement to deliver end-to-end process excellence.
- Apply six sigma methodologies to identify areas of process improvements and quantify waste across GTA and External Workforce (EW)
- Work alongside the GTA CoE to understand ATS optimization, and GTA process compliance obligations.
- Conduct a thorough review of the GTA and EW process documentation, e.g., operations manuals, process flow, screening templates, etc. and work with the GTA CoE and EW stakeholders to understand where we can drive out waste across the program.
- Present conclusions to GTA and EW stakeholders and make recommendations for possible cost reductions and cost productivity
- Identify opportunities to improve Candidate and Hiring Manager experience and deliver improvements
- Perform root-cause-analysis on SLAs/KPIs with RPOs and EW supplier partners to improve metric performance
- Analyze RPO and EW spend data across the Globe, provide intelligence on possible opportunities to optimize RPO spend; special focus on Agency spend.
- Provide monthly RPO and EW spend data analysis with reasonable quarterly rolling forecast.
- Support HCM cloud data collection and design for GTA
- Lead HCM implementation of GTA; potential to be the Project Manager for GTA
- Analyze total talent solutions, including external workforce and talent acquisition data, to identify and interpret patterns and trends, assess data quality and eliminate irrelevant data.
- Develop a Total Talent Integration dashboard, pilot across relevant division, drive implementation in future state
- Deliver adherence to Compliance/Local regulations and Audit support across all aspects of GTA operations including but not limited to OFCCP, EEO, internal audit etc.
- Critical Thinking: Strong problem solving and continuous improvement focus with attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills
- Data Insights: Analyze data and provide insights into potential solutions
- Collaboration: Ability to apply approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to foster partnerships
- Innovation: Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and find innovative solutions whilst working in an ambiguous, transformational business environment
- Communication: Excellent written and communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels in a simple and concise manner
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in successfully driving operational excellence
- Experience of process analysis/process re-engineering
- Experience of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget
- Experience with spend management, and developing financial business case
- Experience with HCM cloud implementation
- Full understanding of end to end talent acquisition process
- Has worked in an outsourcing environment
- Experience across External Workforce/Contingent talent process
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck