Operations Technician – Sterile Filling
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Operations Technician position is available at the Merck Animal Health facility in De Soto, Kansas, located near Kansas City metropolitan area. The DeSoto facility is expanding operations to manufacturing vaccines and biologics for large and companion animals. Leveraging an experienced and innovative team environment, the key technologies at the site are biologics production using fermentation and cell culture platforms, filling and packaging.
The purpose of the Operations Technician is to perform operation of sterile filling equipment, filling product, working as part of a team and perform aseptic procedures fully gowned in a clean room environment. Must have technical knowledge, mechanical aptitude and teamwork skills.
Major activities and responsibilities
- Responsible for performing aseptic procedures such as set up and operation of filling equipment, and cleaning the work area after filling operations are completed. Includes operation of autoclaves.
- Maintains concurrent recordkeeping including batch records, forms, log books and MDs
- Basic competency using computers for data entry, ordering supplies and recordkeeping.
- Assists in reviewing current and developing new SOP’s for equipment and processes.
- Assist in planning, development and implementation of special project, resolution of process issues recommending solutions or routes of investigation.
- Responsible for meeting all production schedules which could include working longer hours to complete filling operations and cleanup.
- Assist in the cleaning and sterilization of process lines and equipment for use in the filling suites. Also assists in cleaning the work area including floors, walls, tables, etc. Monitors inventory levels and requisitions lab supplies as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Solid mathmatical skills
- Effective teamwork skills including ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Trained in aseptic technique
- Experience with vaccine filling equipment
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Lab Technician
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Yes thimerosal, Decon Spore
Company Trade Name: Merck