Jr. Associate Clinical Research Associate - East Coast - BSN Required
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
After completing a 32-36 week training program and with support, acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking responsibility of allocated sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
- Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
- Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with CRM, PLM and RCPM.
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in CTMS, eTMF and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
- BSN REQUIRED
- Some knowledge of clinical research preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Reference Letters will be required
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 65%-75% of working time. Expected travelling ~3 days/week. Travel will be increased during the training program.
- Current driver’s license preferred.
- Fluent in Local Languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand technical information. Developing ability to present technical information with support.
- Good IT skills (Use of Microsoft applications-Excel, Word, Power point, use of computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Able to work with other experienced research professions to develop skills across multiple protocols and sites
- Developing the ability to act with a high sense of accountability / urgency. Developing the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment, with support from Line Manager
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Clinical Research Monitor(CRA)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck