Sr. Financial Specialist; Clinical Development Finance (CDF)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Financial organization helps plan and analyze the resources that allow us to continue advancing medical innovation around the world. This team of attentive, exacting individuals prepares and organizes financial assets in order to drive Merck’s momentum towards providing the world with an evolving, diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products that fuel global wellness.
Under the guidance of the Clinical Development Finance Associate Director, the Finance Senior
• Provide financial planning, forecasting and analytical support to MRL Therapeutic Area Clinical
• Forecast grant spend related to Oncology Clinical Studies.
• Be the primary point of Finance contact with stakeholders including the Global Project Manager, Global Trial Manager, Clinical Sub Team, Clinical Trial Team and Outsourced Trial Team for all
project issues related to study budget, site and vendor related payments, asset valuation and
• Develop and participate in team presentations to the Financial & Operational Review Committee, Late Development Review Committee and Early Development Review Committee.
• Support project team decision making by providing relevant financial information and insight.
• Play a central role in developing the Profit Plan, Long Range Operating Plan, Quarterly
Forecasts, and Monthly Refreshes at the clinical protocol level.
• Review of all US site payments related to visits completed, milestones completed and reimbursement for out of pocket expenses according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the Sarbanes Oxley Act, and the Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA), as well as internal and external accounting guidance.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Science or Engineering.
Required Experience and Skills:
Minimum of 2 years in a financial forecasting or budgeting role
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•Master’s degree preferred. Exposure to clinical grants, project budgeting, or valuation is preferred
•Demonstrated experience in broad areas such as business administration, strategic planning and analysis, managing and allocating resources, and operational and financial planning and
•Demonstrated effectiveness working with teams
•Excellent analytical skills Strong financial acumen.
•Demonstrated ability to deliver on operational objectives in the areas of planning, finance, metric setting, and leading continuous operational improvement.
•Willingness to learn new skills
•Proactive approach to problem solving/recommends solutions to problems moderate in scope
•Results and process-driven orientation
•Experience in developing analysis for organizational change initiatives.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Financial Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck