Principal Scientist for PBPK Modeling & Simulation -184439
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity? Our innovation research department Drug Discovery Science located in Biberach, Germany is looking for a principal scientist for physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling and simulation.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You establish high quality PK & PK/PD analysis, models and simulations, with special emphasis on innovative PBPK modeling approaches.
- Using modeling & simulations approaches as a tool for generating hypotheses, you support design of preclinical Proof of Principle/ Proof of Concept studies and predicting human PK.
- Furthermore, you provide expert modeling consultancy, training and support within Discovery Research.
- You plan, analyze, interpret and document of preclinical PK and PK/PD studies and present results of such investigations at internal and external meetings.
- In interdisciplinary interaction with experts from DMPK, Pharmacology and other scientists of research project teams, you guide and advice research project teams in all aspects related to DMPK issues.
- You promote and increase the application and impact of mechanistic modeling approaches, both within research and further beyond in preclinical and clinical development.
- Ph.D. in PBPK modeling, Pharmacokinetics or a related field (e.g. systems biology, quantitative pharmacology, pharmacometrics, applied mathematics)
- Excellent hands-on expertise in expert M&S software (e.g. GastroPlus, SimCYP, PKSim, MatLab/Simbiology, PHX/WinNonLin)
- Thorough understanding of pharmacokinetics, physiology and pharmacology
- Fluent spoken and written English skills are required; basic German language skills or willingness to learn would be beneficial
- Excellent self-organization and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good intercultural understanding
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities. We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Mrs. Yue Pan, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54 188546
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.