Global Biomarker and Diagnostics Leader
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Biomarker and Diagnostics Leader is responsible for leading and executing the Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Medical Affairs strategy in the Oncology Business unit for a cluster of indications and has responsibility for oversight of activities for one or two key biomarker platforms.
- The Leader is Headquarter-based and is responsible for integration of biomarker diagnostic activities in collaboration with regions and countries. Executes Medical Affairs strategy for biomarkers & companion diagnostics
- Designs, updates and gives training both internally and externally
- Coordinates, presents at and attends Advisory boards and other meetings with Scientific Leaders
- Conducts individual Scientific Leader and Pathologist interactions
- Helps with planning of various activities around major oncology congresses
- Supports commercial group for Launch Preparation and Post-launch activities
- Attends Global Product Development subteam meetings for an indication(s)
- Serves as a core member of a Diagnostic Development Team
- Manages internal stakeholders with timely updates
- Interacts with internal stakeholders for needs assessment and planning
- Coordinates process for Oncology Translational Science Proposals in OGMA
- Serves on scientific committee for investigator initiated studies and other data generation proposals
- Required: PhD, MD or MDPhD with specialization in Life Sciences e.g. Molecular Biology, Genomics or Oncology
- Preferred: Experience with Oncology Clinical Biomarker Development, Companion diagnostic development and commercialization particularly for Genomic technology based assays
- Minimum five years of experience at a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or diagnostics company
- Minimum five years experience working in cross functional matrix teams
- Experience and confidence in working with diverse teams and functions
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners within and across divisions
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and to resolve conflicts
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Results driven
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in industry
- Experience working globally strongly preferred
- Companion diagnostic expertise is an advantage
- Familiarity interacting with external key scientific experts in the oncology and pathology
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Medical Affairs Generic ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck