Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merckin the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with adiversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal healthproducts. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the sparkthat fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck hascodified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed byethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve newmilestones in global healthcare.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet newbreakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on yourskills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to globalmedical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
The selected candidate will utilize the Sourcing Management Process for strategic analysis of suppliers, supply markets and supply chains within Lab Equipment category. This role will work for an Associate Director to provide high quality strategic analysis and insight of suppliers and markets. In addition the sourcing Senior Specialist will prepare and conduct pre-negotiation planning, live negotiations as well as leading and conducting RFPs, RFQs, quotation analysis, and cost modeling.
• Supplier and Supply Market Analysis – to conduct a detailed supplier and supply market analysis looking at facts and data analysis, reports and changes in technology and with the objective of providing deep and meaningful insight to Sourcing Management teams
• Cost Modeling – to construct detailed cost models/purchase price analysis of goods and services that are supplied to Merck, typically this will require extensive supplier visits to create a complete understanding of the cost structure of suppliers.
• Strategic Analysis – to conduct up to six separate forms of project analysis which turns the information gathered from 1) and 2) above into insightful, well structured breakthrough options and opportunities. Examples include Portfolio Analysis, Supplier Preferencing and Day One Sourcing.
• Negotiation Planning and Execution – to create detailed pre-negotiation plans, to lead and participate any prolonged negotiation sessions with suppliers and to conduct post negotiation debriefs and follow through plans
• Sourcing – to create and execute RFIs, RFPs, RFQs together with subsequent structured information analysis wherever possible using modern electronic procurement processes
• Reverse Auctions – to prepare, lead, conduct and implement Reverse Auctions on selected leverage categories
• Contract Management – to prepare, finesse and implement appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers
• Supplier Performance Management – to ensure that appropriate supplier agreements and relationships have good supplier matrix embedded within them. Monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance
• Category Team Membership – to be an active member of one or more category teams using the techniques and content created in 1) to 8) above as input in the creation of breakthrough strategies
• Sharing of Learnings – As an analyst the incumbent will be expected to generate work of a world class quality and share and transfer this to colleagues throughout procurement.
• Skills - Excellent communication, relationship, and leadership skills are required. Must be adaptable in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments. Able to effectively lead work within diverse cross functional teams to achieve client, department, and company goals.Qualifications
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Required: BS Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or other related subject required
• Preferred: MBA or advanced degree are desirable
Required Experience and Skills**:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in roles such as, but not limited to, procurement, supply chain, contract management, drug discovery research, and/or pharmaceutical/biologics manufacturing
Preferred Experience and Skills:
•A minimum of 3 years experience in an external facing role such as sourcing and /or supplier performance management
An understanding of Research Labs and/or manufacturing labs in the drug development and delivery process experience
Experience managing international business relationships
• Strengths in Championing Change, Communicate Candidly, Build Talent, Achieves Results
• Certification in six sigma or knowledge operational excellence
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to adisability during the application or the recruiting process, please send arequest to email@example.com.Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck& Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms forthis employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. Allresumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, theInternet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreementin place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. Nofee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of thereferral or through other means. Visasponsorship is not available for this position. Formore information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity,visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Technical Procurement
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck