Sr. Manager, Portfolio Strategy
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Planning, the Senior Manager, Portfolio Strategy will develop business cases for “development candidate” program decisions and will drive Moderna's competitive intelligence function.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Work closely with scientific teams to develop a view on the clinical, epidemiology, development, competitive, scientific, and business rationale for advancing the program into the clinic
- Build business cases for “development candidates” before they enter late preclinical testing
- Monitor competitive news sources and provide Moderna leadership with up-to-date insights on industry activities that may impact the business
- Contact and speak with physicians and other external stakeholders
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD/ MD strongly preferred
- 2-5+ years work experience in top banking, public equity, private equity, or consulting firm
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with strong work ethic and impeccable integrity
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to efficiently read and distill complex scientific papers
- Proven ability in simplifying complex and abstract problems
- Expert-level Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Comfortable working around highest levels of corporate executives
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.