Associate Director Medical Affairs, Women's Health - Northeast
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Associate Director Medical Affairs, Women's Health is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, PharmD) healthcare professional with a strong working knowledge of diseases and treatments in a given therapeutic area and develops on-going professional relationships with Scientific Leaders (SL) to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients. The MA-TA provides accurate information about Merck products, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck’s ethical standards.
- Identified appropriate SLs with input from manager. Develops professional relationships and communicates with assigned SLs to ensure access to medical and scientific information on Merck products and areas of therapeutic interest. Ensures SLs have a medical contact within Merck.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those SLs to identify needs/opportunities to improve population health in assigned therapeutic area(s); discusses appropriate evidence that can contribute to healthcare solutions
- When needed, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- Provide areas of interest and general information regarding the Merck Investigator Study Program process.
- Gather customer insight regarding Merck and competitors products to help inform HQ strategy
- Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) ensure awareness of current issues and evolving science in therapeutic area; b) develops and maintains relationships with health care providers; and c) support development of post-meeting deliverables.
- MD, PharmD, or PhD
- 1 or more years of experience in patient care or within a health system beyond doctoral training program. May include fellowship, residency or work experience
- Strong customer focus
- Basic understanding of healthcare delivery system in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess basic understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Field-based medical experience
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Patient care experience specific to Women’s Health strongly preferred.
- MD or DO with OB/GYN speciality preferred.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Medical Affairs (M.D.) - Field Based
Other Locations: CT, US; PA, US; NY, US; NJ, US; NH, US; MA, US; DE, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck