Associate Director, Executive Recruiting, Merck Research Laboratories (MRL)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Right now, thousands of Merck associates are working to cure the world’s most complex diseases. We know that our people are the key to our success, which is why our Human Resources organization takes pride in building teams of skilled, forward-thinking individuals who contribute to Merck’s pioneering medical advancements. Our Human Resources department shares a spirit of attentive enthusiasm that helps support our associates in achieving new milestones in global healthcare.
The Executive Recruiter for Merck Research Labs (MRL) will manage full life cycle recruitment for Vice President and above level positions. The Executive Recruiter will play a key role in delivering best in class recruitment services to our clients to ensure the MRL business is positioned to attract and recruit exceptional talent.
- Manages full life cycle recruiting at the VP level and above across the MRL business
- Partner with business leaders, Divisional GTA Directors, and HR Business Partners to create/drive proactive recruiting strategies for executive level positions
- Provide a high-touch candidate experience for executive level candidates and hiring managers so the hiring processes from sourcing to selection is best in class
- Actively build strong external network of executive level talent in life sciences in order to create ready now pipeline for future openings and minimize reliance on executive search firms
- Develop a strong knowledge of the external competitive market within R&D and provide insights into trends, themes and opportunities to clients, HR partners, Executive Compensation, etc
- Ensures alignment of recruiting activities with business goals and objectives balancing speed with attention to detail and ensuring the best outcome
- Proactively source for talent through multiple channels but specifically direct sourcing, networking and targeted candidate development and lead generation
- Adheres to all compliance and regulatory requirements; track and report monthly progress reports to key stakeholders
- Effectively manages relationships with peers, Talent Acquisition leadership team members and other HR partners including Compensation and Benefits and Global Diversity and Inclusion to create a culture of collaboration.
- Operates as expert on the best sourcing channels to use for each opportunity; when a search firm is necessary, makes recommendation and drives excellence and accountability in search firm performance to ensure maximum return on investment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years full life cycle recruiting experience in either large, complex organization and/ or executive search firm
- Life sciences executive recruitment experience
- Proven success in sourcing diverse candidate profiles including discovery, pre-clinical, regulatory, clinical development, medical affairs, research, etc.
- Experience structuring, negotiating and delivering complex offers including a thorough understanding of deferred compensation/replacement awards
- Proven experience delivering results by driving innovation and exhibiting subject matter expertise in order to influence business hiring decisions
- Strong work ethic, resourcefulness and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Exercises discretion and able to work independently and think strategically.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, confident, organized and articulate manner
- Experience with executive recruiting in the research and development area of a large pharmaceutical company is strongly preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Recruitment Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck