Director, Data Readiness
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Director of Data Readiness (DDR) is responsible and accountable for the oversight and the direction of the product master data efforts required for Merck’s Change Control initiative. This individual will lead a highly matrixed organization representing product data owners from different functional areas: product structure (internal and externally sourced materials) , specification (analytical, packaging, recipes), and regulatory (submission requirements, labeling & artwork). Additionally, the DDR will be supported with external master data expertise from system integrators and software vendors.
The Integrated Product Information for Change Control program will deliver transformational change to Merck’s enterprise quality and operations functions; significantly enabled by information systems. The DDR will lead a significant workstream of this initiative, driving information readiness in support of pilot launches and network-wide deployment. This leader will have broad access to the company’s critical product information and process behavior; it’s expected that their strong influencing and communication skills will rally support and visibility to critical program needs. The DDR contributes to program strategy; built on the visibility and insights gained through standardization and reorganization of mission critical product information.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or Information Technology/Systems; Master’s degree or MBA are preferred.
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a variety of operating roles (production, supply chain, quality) . Significant experience with joint IT/business initiatives that focus on the deployment of enterprise applications and standard business practice.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including business and financial analyses.
- Demonstrated strength in interpersonal relations and collaboration to effectively work across functions, regions and business units.
- Strong project management skills, inclusive of effective meeting facilitation and presentation skills, with a track record of successful execution.
- Knowledge of structured documentation and change control systems, tools for process improvement, Quality System Regulations, Global Product Development Systems, GMP & FDA regulatory requirements (as applicable) and ISO 9000 guidelines
- The candidate must have 5+ years of experience in a regulated healthcare industry, either medical device or pharmaceutical.
- Experience with data governance initiatives. Working knowledge of enterprise platforms – ERP, PLM, HRM, MES, LIMS.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Qual Assurance & Ops Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck