Digitally Enabled Solutions & Global Strategic Alliances Program Manager
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Solutions & Global Strategic Alliances Program Manager will support the Digital Center of Excellence and manage the program work streams related to strategic alliances. The Program Manager will be responsible for formulating, organizing and monitoring inter-connected projects as well as coordinating cross-project activities. Responsible for deciding on suitable strategies and objectives, and overseeing the progress of key operations in our programs of work. This role will coordinate closely with IT and the Digitally Enabled Solutions Analytics Lead.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the integrated digital healthcare solutions in alignment and coordination with Key 6 (+ next 3) markets and integrated business strategies. Key activities include:
- Partners with key franchises to accelerate growth by unlocking the power of digital
- Works with key franchise teams to identify differentiating end to end digital plays and support their execution
- Proactively identifies challenges to delivery of strategic plays and ensures that the right internal mechanisms are in place to mitigate them
- Establishes and maintains a solutions portfolio to support markets as they develop their DX roadmaps
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators for the global solution portfolio
- Supports strategic collaborations with external global partners to facilitate value creation opportunities for Merck / franchises
- Establishes and maintains an alliance management framework to support markets as they engage in collaborations with local, key ecosystem players
- Innovative thinker
- Experience in process development skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to work in matrix structures
- Experience in stakeholder planning and account management
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to evaluate complex problems and then design and implement creative and novel solutions
- Excellent presentation, analytical and communication skills, both written and oral, are required to synthesize key issues, and communicate/persuade constituencies towards specific actions and initiatives
- Master’s degree
- Health economics or medicine preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in field
- Understanding of how to apply health economics and beyond the pill solutions to pharmaceutical products
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Fluency in English
- Product knowledge and experience across priority therapy areas of the Company preferable
- Fluency in additional languages are desirable
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck