Digital Delivery Agile Coach
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Digital Accelerator Delivery Agile Coach will be responsible for the deployment of Agile Methodology. This role will coordinate dispersing COE team members responsible for providing expertise, guidance and appropriate tools/resources to the in-market agile teams who are undergoing digital transformation. Responsibilities will span all global markets (Key 6, Next 3, and Regions).
- Serve as a consultant to the local market by providing access to the GHH DX Playbook as well as advice, tools and support on agile for local execution on UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile
- Coach market teams in the specific area of expertise (UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile)
- Contribute with specific expertise on Agile Methodology (UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile) into roadmap development approaches, the GHH DX Playbook and ongoing market engagement
- Act as a subject matter expert across GHH in the specific area of expertise (UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile)
- Provide agile use cases as input into the Playbook.
- Ensure markets have access to the latest thinking, tools, methodologies and solutions on UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile
- Identify successful local solutions / tactics on UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile that could be scaled and should be included in the GHH Digital Playbook
- Responsible for providing requirements on UX/UI, Design Thinking, Scrum/Agile and work as input to L&D in partnership with GHH Digital Governance & Knowledge Team to ensure these are built into GHH Digital Learning Curriculum
- Innovative thinker Expert working knowledge and experience in Agile Methodology Intellectual curiosity and the ability to collaborate in matrix structuresProven ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally across multiple business unitsExcellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills, both written and oral, are required to synthesize key issues, and communicate/persuade constituencies towards specific actions and initiativesWell organized, highly motivated, process driven and results oriented with the ability to priotitize and collaborate in a multi-tasking environment
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university; health economics, medicine, or business preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience and working knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Prior experience working on a large transformational change initiative
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50%
- Fluency in English, additional languages are desirable
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck