Associate Director, CV Portfolio Marketing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The AD, CV Portfolio Marketing will support our in-line CV products, including all ezetimibe containing compounds such as Zetia, Vytorin, Atozet and Rosuzet, including those that are still currently launching in select markets around the world. This role will support the launches in China and Japan. This role will also flex time to support early launch work for vericiguat, a partnership product in development with Bayer for the treatment of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF). The role will have direct line reporting relationship into the head of the lipid franchise, with a dotted line reporting relationship into the head of the vericiguat marketing team.
- Interfacing with globally with commercial leaders and Medical and Scientific Affairs leaders to gain insight into customer needs as well as effectively driving the integration of commercial considerations into product launch plans in coordination with our partner
- Developing and evolving brand strategy for both in-line, and new CV products as appropriate (Zetia family, and vericiguat)
- Working in conjunction with in-line Marketing and Medical teams, in coordination with appropriate partners, to develop scientific message platform and marketing strategies.
- Understanding the patient journey in the complex CHF market and leveraging support teams to address access or policy barriers to launch success
- Utilizing Merck Marketing tools to define the value proposition for target audiences, developing positioning, guiding access/reimbursement planning, and informing clinical development plans to address customer needs.
- Organizing market research and scientific leader advisory boards to identify and understand critical issues related to product development.
- Supporting in-line CV brands to ensure appropriate marketing support, investment, and market interface to embed new GHH global strategy for in-line established brands.
- Manufacturing interface and supply management to support global market demand and ensure sufficient market supply
- Bachelor’s Degree
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ pharmaceutical industry experienc
- 3+ years of marketing experienc
- Experience in developing & executing marketing strategie
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of the lipid and CHF therapeutic space
- Product launch experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Global Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck