Associate Director, Digital Content Strategy
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
You’re a digital content strategist. It may not ring bells at parties when asked “What do you do?”, but it’s what you pour your passion into day in and day out. You’re a natural storyteller, insight architect, conversation engineer, and cultural connector, whose ultimate goal is always creating an unforgettable experience. You understand how to use data to see how people are engaging with your creative outputs. You’re skilled at orchestrating narratives that capture the human experience and create pathways for genuine connections to the brand.
We are looking for an experienced digital marketer with expertise in digital content strategy development. This person will proactively plan and lead multi-media initiatives to redesign the way the U.S. Diabetes franchise engages with all customer segments through powerful content to drive awareness, engagement, conversion, and advocacy.
A typical day in the life of this Digital Content Strategist:
- Manages comprehensive digital media activities with the principal purpose of telling stories
- Incorporates user experience into digital content strategy
- Serves as a subject matter expert for digital content strategy development, planning, and execution
- Supports the development, sourcing, and management of content
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to legal and regulatory standards
- Collaborates with other teams across the enterprise to establish content strategy best practices and to crowdsource creativity
- Advances digital content marketing capabilities by identifying new opportunities, seeking necessary input from key stakeholders, and operationalizing the ideas.
- Bachelor Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of digital content marketing experience including strategy development.
- Experience working with various digital media channels.
- Experience using analytics to measure and improve digital initiatives
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of user experience design
- Creative thinking / problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Bias towards speed and agility
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck