Senior Specialist, Planning & Scheduling (Millsboro, DE)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Senior Planner is responsible for :
- The interpretation of information within MRP planning system (SAP) for the creation of weekly department schedules, 6 – 12 month mid-term plans and assists with the 1 to 5 year site long term plans for the purpose of capacity planning.
- The Sr. Planner is also will be able to create transfer order to other sites and commercial operation throughout the world as well as maintain and fulfill the stocks within the sales operations on a global level.
- This position will also have duties that interacting with the production, purchasing, finance, and quality department setting and maintaining planning parameters within SAP and will require extensive supply chain planning knowledge as well as easily become familiar with most facets of biological production.
- Make visible product supply status and future risks to supply.
- Insure that site management is informed of capacity constraints that may impact product supply
- Participate in addressing and resolving plant capacity issues
- Work with all departments on site in order to insure that supply chain metrics are sustained and performance is maintained at targeted levels.
- Receives Minimal level of guidance and direction
- Applies team effectiveness skills, listening and integrating diverse perspectives from across global work group; contributes and adds value to the achievement of team goals
- Understands the fundamental business drivers for the company; uses this knowledge in own work
- Lead small project teams to implement new product flows
- Build and run reports, check quality of data in SAP system
- Understand and Demonstrate the knowledge but not limited to the following concepts:
- Mid Term Planning (Rough Cut Capacity Planning)
- Short Term Planning (Detailed Scheduling)
- Planning Parameters
- Sales Planning
- Distribution Planning
- Supplier Managed Inventory, Vendor Managed Inventory
- Bachelors of Science in Business or related field with 5+ years of related industry planning experience.
- Bachelors of Science in Business or related field with 3+ years of related industry planning experience and either APICs certification or Degree in Supply Chain Management or closely related discipline
- Working understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning Systems
- Production planning, project management and negotiation skills.
- PC proficiency
- Intermediate level of experience using Excel, with the ability to use V-lookup, filters, pivot tables, etc. to analyze data.
- Working understanding of lean manufacturing and lean planning principles
- Demonstrated ability to be a member of high performing teams.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining excellent time management skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams
- Position requires excellent communication skills in order to work with sales and marketing groups, global supply chain and senior leadership teams.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Materials Planning/Scheduling
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck