Junior Professorship “Research into the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources”
Are you conducting research that is both environmentally and socially relevant? Are you an excellent researcher with forward-thinking ideas and an inter- or transdisciplinary research approach?
If yes, we would like to invite you to apply for the
Robert Bosch Junior Professorship “Research into the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources”
together with a German university or research institution of your choice. Applicants of all nationalities are welcome.
We are looking for an outstanding young scientist who wants to find new approaches to clarify and tackle global challenges with regard to the sustainable use of natural resources. The research should focus on developing and emerging countries.
We are especially interested in applications that also consider human behaviour in this context. Research approaches may be based in the humanities, the social, or the natural sciences.
The successful applicant will be awarded a grant worth up to 1 million euros for a five year period in order to set up a research group in a German university or research institution.
The funds can be allocated flexibly towards covering salaries and research costs.
- excellent doctorate degree, completed no more than 5 years prior to the application deadline of 13 May 2018 (adjusted for documented parental leave)
- compelling independent past scientific achievements and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- international research experience
- excellent proficiency in English
- non-German applicants should be prepared to learn German
The application deadline is 13 May 2018.
For further information and to apply please visit