Nanchang University Welcomes Young Talents to Attend The First International Young Scholar Forum
I. Introduction to the University and Forum
Nanchang University is located in Nanchang City, a famous historical and cultural city – the "Hero City" in China, which has a history of nearly one hundred years. It is a national "211 Project" key construction university, China's "Double First-Class" construction of first-rate disciplines and the only university in Jiangxi Province with high-level overall construction, and is one of the 14 universities in the central and western regions that are supported by the Ministry of Education in a construction mode of ministerial -provincial cooperation.
The university has five campuses, namely Qianhu Lake, Qingshan Lake, Donghu Lake, Poyang Lake, and Fuzhou. The main campus - Qianhu Lake covers an area of 4,500 mu and the building area of the school building is 1,300,000 square meters.
The university now has three departments, including humanities and social sciences, science and engineering, and medical science. There are two national key disciplines (food science, materials physics and chemistry) and one national key (cultivation) discipline (material processing engineering). There are currently a national key laboratory, a national engineering technology research center, a key research base of humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of Education, two key laboratories of the Ministry of Education, three engineering research centers of the Ministry of Education, and nine collaborative innovation centers of Jiangxi Province. There are authorized first-level disciplines for 15 academic doctoral degrees, 11 post-doctoral research mobile stations, and the university has 5 affiliated hospitals. Five disciplines including chemistry, clinical medicine, agricultural science (based mainly on food science and engineering), engineering, and materials science entered the top 1% of ESI in the United States. The discipline of food science and engineering was evaluated as A in the fourth round of China Discipline Ranking, ranking third in universities nationwide.
The First International Young Scholar Forum of Nanchang University will be held on May 15-17. This forum aims to build a platform for exchanges and cooperation among outstanding young scholars at home and abroad, promote interdisciplinary research and academic innovation, increase mutual cooperation and trust, and deepen the comprehensive understanding of Nanchang University, and realize promotion of high-level talents to build up their careers in Jiangxi Province and work together to jointly promote the "Double First-Class" construction of Nanchang University. We sincerely welcome young talents at home and abroad to participate in this forum.
II. Subject Areas
Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Science and Engineering, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Bioengineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Biology, Clinical Medicine, Basic Medicine, Pharmacy, Journalism, Marxist Theory, Applied Economics, Theoretical Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Chinese Language and Literature, Philosophy, Chinese History, Computer Science and Technology
The invitees shall be the outstanding young scholars who generally are under 40 years of age (born after January 1, 1978), have a PhD degree overseas with continuous overseas research work experience for 2 years or more, or have obtained a doctorate in China with more than 3 consecutive years of research work experience abroad but has not yet returned to China and intends to join Nanchang University.
Invitees should have one of the following conditions: Appointee of National “1000 Youth Talents Plan”, Young Top-notch Talent of Ten Thousand Talent Program, Young Changjiang Scholars, winners of the National Natural Science Foundation for Outstanding Young Scientists, or qualified personnel of corresponding levels.
The university uniformly arranges accommodation (free of charge) and offers a round-trip travel allowance (economy class air-ticket or second class seat high-speed rail ticket), with an upper limit of 15,000 yuan per person in Europe and the United States, a maximum of 7,000 yuan per person in the Asia-Pacific region, and a domestic (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) limit of 5,000 yuan per person.
Registration Deadline: April 20, 2018 (determined according to the circumstances)
Invitation to the forum: March 20 to April 30, 2018
Forum Registration: May 15, 2018
Forum Duration: May 16-17 (Main Forum, Sub Forum, etc.)
Contact: Teacher Tian
Contact number: 0791-83969076
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
VII. Application Materials
1. Information of the applicant: including but not limited to resume, academic achievements, award certificate, etc.;
2. Personal information (within 200 words)；
3. Personal photos (within 100k).
VIII. Treatment to National “Four Categories of Youth Talents”
1. National support (for Appointee of National “1000 Youth Talents Plan”): The research fund is 1-3 million yuan with the one-off subsidy of 500,000 yuan.
2. Local support: Jiangxi Province provides 5 million yuan of innovation and entrepreneurship development funds (for Appointee of National “1000 Youth Talents Plan”). Those who are selected as the "Double 1000 Legal Scholars" in Jiangxi Province will be given a project grant of 1 million to 3 million yuan per person. Humanities and social sciences is funded by 200,000-500,000 yuan as the project grant, and no more than 30% of the funds can be used to improve personal living conditions.
3. The university provides:
1) According to the "Interim Measures for the Introduction of High-level Talents" issued by the university and in line with the standards for introduction of subject-leading talents, the university will provide an annual salary of 500,000-800,000 yuan;
2) With the appointment to professorship (staffing of government affiliated institutions, and fixed position), the university will provide a good scientific research platform, office space and research space;
3) Based on the funding for the start-up of scientific research provided by the State and Jiangxi Province, the university will provide sufficient scientific research start-up funds to meet the needs of the discipline construction according to the circumstances, with details to be discussed;
4) The university will provide a set of circulating house within the campus together with a setting-in allowance of 600,000 yuan and a talent reward of 500,000 yuan;
5) The university will provide one-stop high-quality educational resources for the talents' children from primary school to high school.
* Young scholars who achieve a better evaluation in the national "Four Categories of Youth Talents" project review, pass the expert communication review and enter the meeting's assessment section may be introduced according to the university's "Interim Measures for the Introduction of High-level Talents". The university will provide an annual salary of 250,000-500,000 yuan and a setting-in allowance with necessary research funding according to relevant standards.* Young scholars who achieve a better evaluation in the national "Four Categories of Youth Talents" project review, pass the expert communication review and enter the meeting's assessment section may be introduced according to the university's "Interim Measures for the Introduction of High-level Talents". The university will provide an annual salary of 250,000-500,000 yuan and a setting-in allowance with necessary research funding according to relevant standards.