Postdoctoral Scholar Research
Postdoctoral Scholar Research
Job ID: 16257
Department Number/Name: 0-6144-000 / Molecular Medicine
College/Division: USF Health- Morsani College of Medicine
Salary Plan: Temporary
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $47,659 annually based on experience
Postdoctoral Position in microbial pathogenesis
- A NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available immediately for a highly motivated candidate to study protein structure-function and host-pathogen interactions in Borrelia burgdorferi, the Lyme disease spirochete (PNAS 106: 3449, 2009; PLoS Pathogens 7: e1001272, 2011; Mol Microbiol 74: 1331, 2009; Mol Microbiol 98: 1147, 2015). The position offers an excellent training opportunity to conduct research in an attractive, dynamic research environment with outstanding resources. USF ranks 45th in total research expenditures among all U.S. public or private universities, and 28th in federal research expenditures for public universities by the National Science Foundation (FY2015).
- A Ph.D. with a background in bacterial genetics and molecular biology is required. Experience in spirochetology, animal models, and/or tick biology is a plus.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project.
- Plans experimental protocols. Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes resulting research data. Compiles, writes, and submits research results to supervisor. Prepares or assists in preparation of research papers, reports, and abstracts for publication as one of co-authors. Present and update research progress and results regularly in lab meetings.
- May supervise group of Research Technicians and/or Research Assistants of lower grade, making work assignments, advising on work procedures and reviewing work in process and upon completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please send a C.V. to Dr. Zhiming Ouyang (email@example.com), Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 07, Tampa, FL 33612
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution and appropriate experience and training in microbiology, biochemistry, structural biology or a related field. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Applicants should have a strong background in molecular cloning, gene expression, RNA/protein analyses, and animal (mouse, rat) models. Experience in spirochetology and/or tick biology is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 16257
Posting Date: 03/20/2018
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview:
USF - Health
USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.