Scientist – Cryo-Electron Microscopis
Scientist – Cryo-Electron Microscopist
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico USA
Los Alamos National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science
and engineering on behalf of national security. The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies has a great opportunity for an outstanding scientist in the Soft, Biological, and Composite Nanomaterials (SBCN) Thrust. CINT is a Department of Energy/Office of Science Nanoscale Science Research Center operated jointly by Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories for the Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES) as a national user facility devoted to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, functionality and integration of nanoscale materials. We are seeking a candidate capable of standing up a new cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) imaging capability within the CINT. This position will be filled at either the Scientist 2 or 3 level, depending on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Scientist 2 ($87,800 - $144,800)
Scientist 3 ($96,600 - $161,300)
Visit our website (see link below) for a complete job description.
- Ph.D. in a relevant science or engineering field
- Experience performing high-impact research using transmission electron microscopy
- Demonstrated record of scientific research achievement (through publications, citations and presentations) in one or more research areas pertinent to the study of soft, biological and composite nanomaterials
- Experience in the peer review of publications, proposals and scientific panels
In addition to qualifications outlined above, Scientist 3 level requires:
- Experience supervising technical support personnel and/or research groups
- Demonstrated success as the lead for proposal development efforts and participation in/leadership of research projects of major impact to the scientific community
- Recognized national reputation as evidenced by criteria that may include the organization of symposia and workshops at the national level and service on national scientific societal committees and review panels
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work; it is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture of professional development, work/life balance, and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC62839: https://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/cryo-electron-microscopist-23-scientist-23/d9872b9ea5584418a57ba5b2d586c34e/job/
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.