Regional Sales Manager - Cattle (Iowa, Southern Minnesota and Wisconsin)
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position will supervise a team of Sales Representatives working with large Cattle production operations focusing on Beef and Dairy, Vet practices and regional distribution. This position will be responsible for coaching and developing the Team with emphasis on strategic planning and enhancing the business to business relationship between Merck Animal Health (MAH) and the customer base. The candidate will be expected to develop relationships with key decision makers within the customer base.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages, trains, coaches and provides direction to a sales team; works to build cohesive teams by hiring and making appropriate promotional recommendations. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback; conducts formal and informal performance reviews, managing employee relations issues with the team. Recognizes employee success and communicates to the team providing constructive feedback. Proficient at resolving conflict.
- Coordinate all sales efforts within the assigned region. Maintains knowledge of key customers in all sales territories. Prepares and implements a comprehensive region business plan, ensuring consistent product program implementation and sales goal attainment.
- Make recommendations for sales coverage, distribution, utilization of Tech Services, consultants and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
- Relate to MAH management information from Field Sales Reps as to customer sales potential, product sales potential, etc.
- Help plan, make arrangements for, and execute sales meetings required to optimize sales effort.
- Keep MAH management informed of competitive activities, industry trends, etc.
- Assist the National Sales Director in developing marketing plans, business and sales plans and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
- Attend conventions, handle exhibits, and plan for booth coverage for conventions within the sales region.
- Coordinate Tech Services needs within the region to optimize sales.
- Manage expenses for the region to stay within budgetary guidelines.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (Animal Science, Agribusiness, Marketing, or Business degrees preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience with at least 5 years sales experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of the agriculture industry
- Will be expected to offer a high level of proficiency and demonstrate success regarding:
- Technical, Product & Market Knowledge.
- Territory & Business Management.
- Selling Skills
- Leadership and teams building
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have demonstrated ability in public speaking to small and large audiences
- Successful candidate must live within the boundaries of the region (or relocate within the region)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Marketing, People Management and/or Strategic Account Management
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
HJ022018, LHH, HACE
Job: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck