2018 MRL Chemical Biology Co-Op - Cambridge
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
This Co-op position will be to assist in chemical biology-basedtechnology platform development using mammalian cell-based culture, cell lysisprocedures, and western blotting. Thestudent will also help to drive the development of new synthetic chemistry andcellular chemistry methodologies. Inaddition, the student will be expected to work with their mentor to identify andexecute a research project during the Co-op experience.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate majoring inChemistry, Biochemistry or a related field as a sophomore or above
- Candidates must have completed Organic Chemistry I coursework
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.1
- Candidates must have experience with basic lab techniques such as pipetting andsolution preparation
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for 5-6 months beginning in Fall of 2018
- Candidates must have experience with Western Blotting and other similar immunoassays
- Candidates must have experience with expression with mammalian cell culture and cell lysis methods
- Candidates must have experience with synthetic chemistry or peptide chemistrytechniques
- Strong desire to learn chemical biology methods
- Highly motivated and driven and willing to take initiative to learnnew science
- Strong team player
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable using a PC computer and proficient in Windows-based operating systemsand basic applications, such as spreadsheets and databases
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck