Director of Biomarkers & Assays, Infectious Diseases Research
As part of the Infectious Diseases (ID) Team, the Director of Biomarkers and Assays will be responsible for bioanalytical and biomarker strategy and assay development and validation to support the discovery, preclinical and clinical evaluation of the ID mRNA vaccines and therapeutics. They will work in partnership with their Moderma Clinical Operations and Pharmacology counterparts to embed the ID biomarkers and assays within the broader company context and to ensure a smooth translation from research to development and validation.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Be recognized internally and externally as the Moderna ID subject matter expert on disease and vaccine relevant biomarkers and assays.
- Lead ID biomarker and assay strategy, development, and validation for all discovery and research activities and work with the development biomarker, clinical operations and regulatory teams to support assay translation for clinical development and validation.
- When necessary, identify suitable research and commercial partners for assay development and qualification and supervise their delivery to appropriate quality budget and times
- Work closely with the Clinical Operations and Pharmacology biomarker and assay leads to ensure coordinated and effective validation, transfer and qualification of biomarkers and assays.
- Where necessary work with IP, BD and legal teams to protect proprietary assays where relevant.
- Participate in core project teams to create biomarker strategies from discovery onwards.
- Work cross functionally with the ID discovery, research and development teams and supervise a small group of RAs
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD in Immunology, Biochemistry or Cell/Molecular Biology
- 10-15 years of experience in the development and application of biomarker assays in preclinical and clinical drug development
- Familiar with a wide range of assay formats (PK, immunoassay platforms including Flow cytometry, viral neutralization assays, bactericidal assays, nucleic acid assays)
- Experience of GLP, GCLP guidelines/practises and FDA (and other regulatory authorities) interactions
- Experience with CLIA environment
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches .
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers , as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.