This scientist will be responsible for immunological experiment design within the mRNA platform in a dynamic and highly interdisciplinary environment. Ability to identify and characterize immune responses in various therapeutic area (Oncology, Infectious diseases…) are the key attributes for the successful candidate for this position. The individual will lead internal effort while also managing external to identify immune system involvement during mRNA therapies. Ability to effectively contribute to experimental design for discovery and clinical programs is a necessary requirement. Good knowledges are required from cellular biology, molecular biology and biochemistry. The successful candidate must have a strong foundation in Immunology and Biology. Relevant knowledge in flow cytometry and cell sorting and a proven record of achieving technology goals on aggressive timelines through effective collaboration are also essential. This position has significant visibility and potential for growth in a dynamic organization.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design immunogenicity studies to characterize the interaction between immune system and formulated mRNA
- Collaborate with internal groups in chemistry, pharmacology and biology to advance mRNA therapeutics
- Maintain accountability for project success and results delivery
- Interact closely with internal R&D groups and partners in developing and implement new assay for Clinical immunology
- Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to advance and enhance platforms and product candidates
- Communicate research and development findings internally and externally
- Develop and present a vision for future state of formulation design to enhance and potentially revolutionize mRNA therapeutic delivery in the future.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Ph.D. with 2-5 years of experience in immunology
- Strong foundation in molecular and cellular biology
- A track record of achievement in publications and patent applications
- Ability to manage scientific staff, maintain scientific business-relevant relationships (consultants) and contract research programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfort with senior management interactions
- Positive team building and teamwork skills: Innate ability to influence, lead and inspire people, within function and beyond functional/company boundaries
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.