Postdoctoral Research Associate for Pharmaceutical Sciences Dept.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join our team.
Dr. Michail Kastellorizios' lab focuses on:
* Pharmaceutical technology with emphasis on studying nanoparticle penetration and distribution in target tissues, development and of novel and drug formulations for targeted therapy; and in vitro diagnostic tools including medical devices and device-drug combination products.
* Space medicine with emphasis on studying nanomedicines for long-term space flight applications; utilization of the International Space Station to study physicochemical characteristics of complex dosage forms; and development of stable medications for astronauts.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Formulation of nano- and micro-particle complex dosage forms
* Development of bio-mimicking in vitro testing methods for nanoparticle-based formulations to be performed on the International Space Station
* Characterization of complex dosage form performance in vitro, in cell cultures, and in animal models
* Assistance in lab management and scientific writing (peer reviewed manuscripts, grant proposals, etc.)
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Ph.D in required field.
* 2 or more years of laboratory research experience in appropriate scientific discipline.
* Proven expertise in relevant in vitro and in vivo research techniques.
* Experience in drafting and writing manuscripts.
* Experience in scientific presentations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good English writing and oral communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a resume/CV, a cover letter, sample peer reviewed publication, and a list of three professional references with their online application.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.