(Contract) Research Associate, In Vitro Biology
Moderna is seeking a highly skilled and motivated in vitro biologist for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. This team member will participate in performing high throughput assays to support the advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Executing high throughput in vitro assays (ELISA, Luminex) from a variety of biological matrices.
- Work in a timely and efficient manner to generate high quality data.
- Analyze and plot data graphically for distribution to investigators.
- Accountable for project success and results delivery.
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Closely collaborate with other members within the research and development group and broadly with departments throughout the company.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/MS (Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science) with at least 3 years of industry experience developing and performing ELISA assays. Experience in using Luminex is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid therapeutics.
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive timelines, and technology development and research goals.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.