Sr. Administrative Assistant
Due to our successful growth, we are adding an Sr. Administrative Assistant opportunity here at Moderna in our new start of the art Clinical Manufacturing facility. This individual provides critical support to a Site Head, as well as support to the Norwood Leadership team. The position requires extensive coordination and communication within Moderna and other outside parties, working with information that is of a critical and confidential nature. A high degree of initiative, self-direction and collaboration is required. The role requires a high degree of tact and discretion, highly professional and corporate presence, self-confidence, flexibility and adaptability. Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced changing corporate environment is critical to success in the position.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Proactively manage calendars for a site head and provide scheduling support for Site Leadership team
- Clarify expectations with teams (e.g. due dates, prep meetings, information needed, etc.), and understand business priorities and challenges
- Coordinate extensive internal/external meetings with efficiency and detail; communicating clearly to explain conflicts and need to re-prioritize
- Manage travel arrangements for Site Head (domestic/international)
- Manage extensive standing meetings and off sites with teams and senior leaders throughout organization
- Proactively support all strategy and business development initiatives - i.e. coordinating site visits, travel, internal prep meetings, on-site logistics
- Manage all aspects of conference attendance - registration, travel, pre-attendance prep meetings.
- Analyze needs and problems, and determine approach and priority in collaboration with senior leaders, their teams and administrative colleagues across functions
- Support all communication initiatives with external vendors, internal teams, video shoots, etc.
- Prepare expense reports for Site Head and approve online expense and time off submittals of team
- Provided site support as needed (events, coordination of meetings, administrative tasks, etc.)
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS Degree plus a minimum of 5 years related site / senior leader level administrative support experience in a corporate environment; or MS plus a minimum of 2 years related site / senior leader level administrative support experience in a corporate environment
- Proven ability to take initiative, determine priorities and exercise good judgment
- Confidence with significant calendar management
- Ability to recognize opportunities/gaps/obstacles, apply analytical and creative thinking to address issues or find innovative solutions and see it through to completion by taking ownership and accountability.
- Professional confidence in own ability and demonstrated intuition as a result of experience working through complex situations/issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously leveraging strong organizational skills and flawless attention to detail, recognizing value and impact of the results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- C-Suite Level executive assistant experience in a high growth, fast paced corporate environment preferred
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry a plus
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical and dental offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.