Microbiome Research Investigator (191516W-04)
These positions are open at DuPont’s historic research campus in Wilmington, Delaware.
The successful candidates will be part of a team of scientists developing new products for the modulation of microbiome towards improving health. This team with work in close collaboration with Microbiologists, Molecular Biologists, Biochemists and Human Health scientists, at the Wilmington site and other DuPont/Danisco sites.
The successful candidates will participate in the design of short, middle and long term Microbiome research projects. They will be responsible to carry out of such projects with the help of research assistants and outstanding support services (robotics, genomics, bioinformatics, proteomics, metabolomics…). It is also expected that they will contribute to expanding DuPont’s external network with academics and external technology providers.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Contribute to the overall expertise and leadership of DuPont in Microbiome sciences
- Deliver solutions (strains and molecules) to modulate the human microbiome
- Generate novel intellectual property and provide technical support for IP monitoring and filings
- Drive industry leading innovation through academic collaborations and publications
- Expand our Enterprise (DuPont-wide) and Academic collaborative network
- Support and expand IP
- It is expected that the incumbent will be a strategic thinker and possess the experience and ability to lead, manage, recruit and engage a team of strong scientists