The Staff Accountant will be a critical member of the Finance team with several operational accounting responsibilities including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and performing financial reporting variance analyses.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Compiling information to prepare and record billings to collaborative partners
- Prepares journal entries and/or account reconciliations for areas including revenue, deferred revenue and marketable securities
- Assists in performing monthly close in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assists in preparing monthly reporting for grant contracts
- Adheres to deadlines for related areas to ensure timely and accurate accounting close
- Assists in performing analytical review procedures of financial results
- Assists in special projects related to financial systems and business processes
- Monitors assigned areas for process improvements
- Provides schedules to support periodic review and annual audit process
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in Accounting and relevant accounting experience (Biotech industry experience preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of information systems (SAP preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to link data and create complex worksheets)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Passion for learning and helping others
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.